Vector Software announces integration of its VectorCAST Test Automation Platform with foremost integrated development environment, Code Composer Studio™ IDE v6 from Texas Instruments.
- Code Composer Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) that supports TI’s wireless connectivity, microcontroller and processors portfolio.
- Code Composer Studio (CCS) comprises a suite of tools used to develop and debug embedded applications.
- It includes an optimizing C/C++ compiler, source code editor, project build environment, debugger, profiler, and many other features.
- The out-of-the-box integration between Vector Software’s VectorCAST and TI’s Code Composer Studio for Hercules™ MCUs provides developers of embedded software applications with a powerful test automation capability including: test harness creation for unit and integration testing, test case generation and management, code coverage analysis, regression testing with change-based testing for continuous integration, and requirements management.
- Tight integration with TI’s Hercules LaunchPad, a package designed to assist developers working with the Hercules platform of safety microcontrollers (MCUs).
- Hercules RM and TMS570 MCU devices are certified by TÜV SÜD to meet the relevant requirements of IEC 61508 and ISO 26262 functional safety standards to SIL 3 and ASIL D levels of safety integrity.
- Hercules MCUs are designed with enhanced diagnostic features to help simplify the development of automotive, transportation, medical device, and industrial control functional safety applications.
“Vector Software has a long history of supporting Code Composer Studio,” commented Bill McCaffrey, Chief Operating Officer at Vector Software. “For over 10 years, the tight fidelity of our TI CCS integration coupled with our expertise in embedded software test, makes VectorCAST the ideal solution for implementing an automated test solution for developers of functional safety related applications.”
“Our customers using Code Composer Studio for safety-related development are required to test their applications to stringent standards. VectorCAST helps to provide that verification and validation capability,” said Roy Haley, marketing manager, Hercules MCUs, Texas Instruments (TI). “We believe tools like VectorCAST enhance the value of TI’s Code Composer Studio (CCS) integrated development environment by assisting our customers to more quickly develop, test, and release applications for TI safety MCUs.”