This power supply can change conversion direction automatically and continuously from grid side 320 volts DC nominal to battery side 48 volts DC nominal.
The EZA2500 also is for solar or wind powered energy storage systems, energy recovery, and recycling previously wasted power from battery testers.
- When a 300 to 380 high voltage DC source is available, the converter can be programmed to charge 48 volts DC rechargeable lithium-ion battery banks.
- At night the stored energy then can convert back to high-voltage DC to power either DC-AC inverters or DC-input electrical and electronic devices.
- When used as part of an energy-recovery system, the previously wasted power lost due to motor braking can be used to charge batteries.
- That stored energy then can be used to supply peak power requirements needed during high torque conditions or as emergency standby power.
- The EZA2500’s output voltage and current can be programmed or monitored using the RS-485 communications port.
- Several converters can run in parallel to provide additional power by programming the units into droop-mode current share via the RS-485 interface.
- A variety of signals and alarms are also accessible including under or overvoltage alerts or remote on-off.
The converters can operate at full power in ambient temperatures ranging from -10 to 40 degrees Celsius. The advanced digital control enables operating efficiencies of as much as 94 percent.
The EZA2500 is suitable for mounting in 19-inch cabinets, measuring 43.6 by 423 by 400 millimeters. The converters are isolated — 3 kilovolts AC from grid side to battery side input/outputs, 2 kilovolt AC from grid side to ground, and 500 volts AC from battery side to ground.
The units are certified to UL/CSA 60950-1, EN 60950-1 and carry the CE mark for the LVD and RoHS2.