VectorStar ME7838A4 Delivers Broadest Differential Sweep, Best Stability, and Fastest Measurement Speed for Improved Differential Device Characterization
Anritsu Company unveils the VectorStarME7838A4; 4-port broadband vector network analyzer (VNA) system that features the world’s widest differential broadband sweep from 70 kHz to 110/125 GHz and utilizes the smallest mmWave modules to conduct highly stable and fast measurements when characterizing differential devices. The new ME7838A4 provides on-wafer and signal integrity engineers with a new level of performance when conducting differential measurements so they have greater confidence in their next-generation communications system designs.
- A key advantage of the VectorStar ME7838A4 4-port broadband system is the integration of the 3743A mmWave modules.
- Utilizing an exclusive Anritsu design that incorporates nonlinear transmission line technology (NLTL), the modules are much more compact than competitive alternatives, for easy mounting on space-limited wafer probe station platens.
- Additionally, smaller and lighter modules improve overall performance, including superior raw directivity performance that results in superior calibration stability. Modules are available that can extend the VectorStar ME7838A4 to a 4-port 145 GHz system.
- Engineers benefit from unparalleled mmWave noise floor sensitivity and the industry’s only available mmWave real-time electronic power leveling that eliminates the need for time-lagging software correction tables.
- Probe station positioner costs are lower due to the compact size and lighter weight of the modules. There is also significant savings from the longer interval times between calibrations.
- The VectorStar ME7838A4 4-port broadband system uses an internal substrate-mounted source for excellent thermal stability, resulting in industry best calibration and measurement stability of 0.1 dB over 24 hours.
- It also features best-in-class measurement speed of 55 ms for 201 points at 10 kHz IFBW.
- Because internal frequency multiplication begins at 54 GHz in the VectorStar ME7838A4 compared to 67 GHz for other 4-port broadband systems, RF cable losses are reduced for improved dynamic range and phase stability.
- Installation and operating costs are reduced with the VectorStar ME7838A4.